- Opel OnStar to be launched in 13 European markets this year
- Car occupants automatically connected with emergency specialist after crash detection
- Other main features: 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, stolen vehicle assistance, smartphone app
- Free trial period: No charge for Opel OnStar and Wi-Fi for 12 months
Can more than seven million happy customers in the U.S.A., Canada, China and Mexico be wrong ? No is Opel’s unequivocal response uttered loud and clear at the 85th International Geneva Motor Show. Therefore, the Rüsselsheim-based carmaker will be introducing Opel OnStar, the new mobility and service assistant, across the company’s passenger car range from August 2015. The first introduction wave will see Opel OnStar being rolled out in 13 European markets with additional European markets following later. Following the company’s ambition to make premium technologies available to a wider audience, customers will be able to use the entire service portfolio provided by Opel OnStar as well as the high-speed Wi-Fi hotspot free of charge for the first 12 months after registration.
|Fully connected. With Opel OnStar.|
4G LTE Connection with Wi-Fi Hotspot
|Stay in touch: The Opel OnStar 4G LTE connection enables a Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing up to seven devices to connect in and around the vehicle.|
The built-in 4G LTE structure is specifically designed for in-vehicle use as it is integrated into the vehicle’s electrical system and includes an external antenna to maximize coverage and connectivity. Customers will not be required to have a smartphone to use connected services. 4G LTE will initially be introduced in three markets, Germany, the UK and the Netherlands with the remaining countries following suit at a later stage.
|Smartphone App: Opel OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics|
Smartphone owners will be able to connect to their vehicle remotely with a smartphone app. It will enable them to:
- Contact OnStar from anywhere
- Call up important vehicle data such as oil life or tire pressure
- Remotely lock or unlock the car
- Locate the car online
- Honk the horn and flash the lights
- Quickly download destinations to the in-car navigation system
- Easily manage the vehicle’s built-in Wi-Fi hotspot settings
Rapid vehicle recovery
|Opel OnStar: Stolen Vehicle Assistance|
Up-to-date with monthly diagnostics
Opel OnStar can also provide subscribers with a monthly Vehicle Diagnostics email with the most important vehicle data and information. Furthermore, a diagnostics check can be requested at any time at the push of a button, thus providing peace of mind before setting off on a longer journey.
European customers in complete control
|Push the button: Opel OnStar Advisors located at the service center in Luton, England, are available 24/7 and 365 days a year. The Opel OnStar buttons will be located in the overhead center console|